Lizard Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lizard Community

Discussions about the heroes games, off-topic, RotM and other stuff

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raven
Veteran
Veteran
Raven

Lizard Points :
Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel Left_bar_bleue85 / 20085 / 200Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel Right_bar_bleue

Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel Empty
PostSubject: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Thats the 'workname' of my current project that I've started to create about a week ago. It follows the plot of a fantasy novel that I'm writing right now.
The World
the world is heavily influenced by nordic, slavic and baltic mythologies. There are giants, kites, pixies(from lithuanian folklore), leshii and other creatures from the three regions mentioned above. And a tribal canine humanoid race under the name of Caniadir. Humans and caniadir are the main races. There are no elves or dwarves. Infact there are no generic fantasy races in here. The region of the world the plot takes place is designed on the Baltic(mostly on Lithuania actually) region, though it bears little resemblence to it. Some names of the deites and locations are taken from real life, others are made up or created to reffer to real world's objects.

Plot
the plot follows the adventures of once wealthy duke(now a simple wandering warrior) Vaishvilk, who seeks to uncover the mysteries of his lineage and herritage. In his possesion is the runeblade named Wolf's Tear. Haunted by strange visions/dreams, Vaishvilk decides to travel to the Wastes, a desolate plains in which the Citadel stands. The Citadel is a gigantic black granite monolith, and all that remains of the ancient lineage of kings and sages known as the Wolf Lords, which Vaishvilk is a descendand of.

Gameplay Features
* The main weapon is of course the Wolf's Tear. It can be enhanced via runes carved on it. I plan on making about 12-16 of them. Each rune will have a some sort of elemental attack, and will be a main tool for solving puzzles.
*The sword has a soul and mind of it's own and in some areas(like a graveyard) it'll refuse to be wielded at all. In these areas the weapon will be a spear named Soul Impaler.
* some RPG features like leveling up and skills will be present. There will also be a primitivised inventory. Vaishvilk can only wear bracers, belts, helmets(variety of circlets mostly) and jewelery. Backpack will serve as a sack for potions, keys and objects required for puzzle solving.
* Towns: the towns main function is to act as a trade station and a source for side quests. Side quests will often lead to ruins and desecrated temples, and will be the only way to enhance the Soul Impaler.
* Magic abilities. The magic is only used by the Sages and their apprentices. Our hero will have telekinetic abilities.
* Enemy range is from beasts and highwaymen to undead and mythological creatures. Some corrupted Sages and power hungry feudal lords will try to put sticks in our wheels as well. They, along with several mythologycal creatures will be the level bosses
* the game will progress through 5 acts: The Wanderer(Soul Impaler aquired at the end), Howling Isles(first major plot event), Isle of the Smoking Mountain(Betrayal and a explanation of who is sealed within the Wolf's Tear), The Last Wish(encounter with the few uncorrupted Sages) and The Citadel of Wolwes(the culmination of the plot and an aquirement of a new weapon)

Other Information
the game will run on a slightly enhanced LoK: Defiance graphics engine.
Or if that fails, I'll use Source engine.

There will be several easter eggs and unlockable weapons in the game, that'll refer to popular games and RL stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mitabrin
Team Member
Team Member
Mitabrin

Lizard Points :
Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:24 pm

Woow, good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
http://google.com
Raven
Veteran
Veteran
Raven

Lizard Points :
Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel Left_bar_bleue85 / 20085 / 200Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks. Now that I've finished the map, I've started working on the basic design of Vaishvilk and Wolf's Tear.

Some of the unlockable easter egg weapons will be:
Kisame's sword(forgot the name)
Nero's Scarlet Queen(or is it Red Queen?)
Frostmourne
The Soul Reaver
Electric Guitar
and possibly a chainsword 😁

other unlockables will be merely for fun, and will be presented as "ancient artifacts". A manuscript with M etallica's song lyrics for example. Last piece of collectables will be Ancient Tablets, which will contain concept art.
Back to top Go down
Mitabrin
Team Member
Team Member
Mitabrin

Lizard Points :
Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:55 pm

I just knew that there will be electric guitar Smile (will it be somthing like guitar in Brutal Legend?)
Back to top Go down
Raven
Veteran
Veteran
Raven

Lizard Points :

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:06 am

The unlockable weapons won't have any special abilities besides looking cool. The guitar won't be a flying V type.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Veteran
Veteran
Raven

Lizard Points :

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:01 pm

After giving it a few thoughts i decided to drop out frostmourne, scarlet queen and the reaver.
Samehada and a guitar will stay, along with another set of blades. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Mitabrin
Team Member
Team Member
Mitabrin

Lizard Points :

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:17 am

Maybe you could add something like Cloud's sword from FF VII: Advent Chlidren...
Back to top Go down
Raven
Veteran
Veteran
Raven

Lizard Points :

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:25 pm

It's good and easy to draw. I suggest that you post a pic nex time, cause I have enough reasearch to do already.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Veteran
Veteran
Raven

Lizard Points :

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:33 am

I decided that unlockables will have a special ability after all.
Samehada- drain magical attacks
Armageddon's Blade(it would be a sin to exclude it!)- highly increased fire damage, ability to use very improved pyrokinesis.
Guitar- vanquish foes with the power of ROCK! A stunning soundwave.

Now to cover up the skill trees. The three branches are:
Sword Mastery
Spear Mastery
Telekinesis
first two trees will allow to access combos and various enhancements for the weapons, like increased attack speed. Telekinesis tree will cover all sorts of mental powers, from moving heavy objects to setting things on fire(mmm... Roasted highwaymen)
each branch will have 10 to 15 skills.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Veteran
Veteran
Raven

Lizard Points :

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:41 pm

After some experiments with the Defiance engine, I decided to drop out the equipables(the screen just refuses to work). Most of the renderings are made, although 90% are in paper.
Back to top Go down
MesioII
Team Member
Team Member
MesioII

Lizard Points :

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:09 pm

Good Luck with your idea.
Back to top Go down
http://lizard.omgforum.net/forum.htm
Raven
Veteran
Veteran
Raven

Lizard Points :

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Thanks.
Turns out that the whole LoK: Bloodlust data wasn't lost after all. Some early skins of Kain are still present. Too bad that reusing them as a base for Vaishvilk does not look good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel   Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chronicles of Vaishvilk: The Ancient Citadel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lizard Community :: Stuff. :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: